Gumbo gets a southwestern twist in this take on the hearty classic. Made in the slow cooker with Slow Cookers Sweet and Smoky Pulled Chicken, it’s a low-prep meal the whole family will love.
INGREDIENTS 5 SERVINGS
- 1 package (35 gram) Slow Cookers Sweet and Smoky Pulled Chicken
- 3 1/2 cups (875 milliliter) water
- 3/4 pound (375 gram) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each diced onions, celery and mixed bell peppers
- 1 can (796 milliliter) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) sliced okra
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) raw rice
- 1 In a medium bowl combine seasoning mix with water; mix well.
- 2 Place remaining ingredients into the slow cooker. Add seasoning mixture; cover.
- 3 Cook 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
- 4 In the last 20 minutes of cooking, add raw rice.