Give leftover holiday ham a second life in this hearty ham and potato soup. Season ingredients with McCormick Gourmet Thyme and Garlic Powder for robust, savory flavour, and let the slow cooker work its magic.
INGREDIENTS 9 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) flour
- 1 container (946 milliliters) Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder , or more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Black Pepper Coarse Grind
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) diced cooked ham
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 Toss potatoes and onion with flour in 6-quart (2.8 L) slow cooker. Stir in stock, salt, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Cover.
- 2 Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- 3 Stir in ham, heavy cream and corn. Cover. Cook 15 minutes longer on HIGH or until soup is thickened.
- 4 Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.