A classic creamy stew of mushrooms, chicken and bacon, the slow cooker takes the work out of this hearty meal. Prep it in the morning, set the slow cooker, and come back to a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 pound (500 gram) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each diced onions and leeks
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) sliced mushrooms
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) water
- 1 can (284 milliliter) reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (42 gram) slow cookers beef stroganoff (club house)
- 1 In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sear chicken thighs until all sides are browned.
- 2 Place onions, leeks, bacon and mushrooms in slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs on top.
- 3 Stir together water, mushroom soup and seasoning; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- 4 Cover. Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.