Veggie pizza, but make it rainbow! Made with prepared pizza dough and topped with a vegetable from every color of the rainbow, it doesn’t get any easier (or beautiful) to eat your veggies than this.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1 pound (16 ounces) (500g) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) plus 2 1/2 teaspoons (12ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) salt , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped red onion
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix Parmesan and oregano in a small bowl; set aside. Roll out pizza dough on lightly floured surface, shaping into an oval about 10x16-inches (26x40-cm). Transfer dough to large baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan mixture evenly over dough. Top with shredded mozzarella, leaving a 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) border for the crust.
- 2 Toss tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of the remaining olive oil and a pinch of the salt in small bowl. Arrange tomatoes along crust, working down long side of the pizza to resemble the red stripe of a rainbow. Repeat with remaining veggies, olive oil and salt, creating stripes for each color in the following order: orange peppers, yellow peppers, green peppers and finishing with red onion. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) Parmesan mixture.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.