This spicy potato dish is a perfect way to eat breakfast for dinner. Serve with a green salad or fruit for a complete meal.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 medium baking potatoes, with skin on
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) Cajun
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each water, chopped tomatoes and green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 In saucepan, simmer potatoes 20 minutes or until half cooked. Cool.
- 2 Peel potatoes and shred through grater into a bowl. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoning. Form into 4 pancakes.
- 3 In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil over medium heat. Fry until crisp; 3 minutes per side. Reserve and keep warm.
- 4 In same skillet, add remaining vegetable oil. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in water and remaining seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5 Poach eggs to desired doneness.
- 6 To serve: Place pancake on serving plate. Add one egg and top with mushroom tomato mixture.