Asian XO sauce gets an Italian twist in this rich, umami-forward take on a classic Mediterranean dish. Stir-fried broccolini is drizzled in a sweet, salty Italian XO sauce and served with seared garlic pork atop warm polenta … the stuff dinner dreams are made of.
- 1 1/4 pounds (625 grams) pork tenderloin , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) Gourmet Garden™ Chunky Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons (6 mililiters) sea salt from Sea Salt Grinder , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mililiter) Pepper, Coarse Black
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mililiters) extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 4 cups (1 liter) broccolini , trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mililiters) Italian-Style XO Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mililiters) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 mililiters) milk
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) instant polenta
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) shredded Parmesan cheese , plus more to serve
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter
- 1 Place pork in large bowl. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) of the sea salt, pepper and vinegar; toss to coat well. Heat 1 tablespoon (15ml) of the oil in large skillet on high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides. Remove pork from skillet. Set aside.
- 2 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil in same skillet until shimmering. Add broccolini; stir-fry until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in XO Sauce, tossing to coat broccolini. Return pork to pan; cook and stir until heated through.
- 3 Meanwhile, for the Polenta, bring stock, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the sea salt to boil in large saucepan. Whisking constantly, add polenta in thin stream. Reduce heat to low; stirring constantly, simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter. Serve pork and broccolini over Polenta with additional XO Sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: XO sauce, the iconic condiment, was first created in Hong Kong. Meant to impress, it is known to be a luxury blend typically made with dried shrimp and scallops, Chinese dry-cured ham, garlic and various chiles. The ingredients, combined in a base of oil, create an intense sweet, salty, rich umami flavour.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.