Ooey gooey goodness! This delicious Italian twist on the original Monte Cristo will have the whole familia asking for seconds.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) milk
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Italiano
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 (250 grams) mortadella, sliced
- 4 (125 grams) slices provolone cheese
- 12 thin slices of onion
- 4 roasted peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 In large bowl, beat eggs, milk and seasoning. Reserve.
- 2 Butter bread and assemble sandwiches with butter on inside, layering mortadella, provolone, onion and roasted peppers. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- 3 In large oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown sandwiches 2 minutes on one side. Flip and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 5 minutes and serve.