Lemon and Herbs seasoned chicken served with a sweet-tart cranberry sauce is just the dish for busy weeknights – it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each fresh or frozen cranberries and water
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) sugar
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) Lemon and Herbs , divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb / 500 g)
- 1 In medium saucepan, over medium heat, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and onion. Sauté 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in cranberries, sugar, water and 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3 Meanwhile rub 3 tbsp (45 mL) seasoning all over chicken breasts. In oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Add chicken breasts and brown 2 - 3 minutes per side. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- 4 Serve with cranberry sauce on the side.