Infused with the flavours of the sunny Mediterranean, this hearty bean dish is loaded with energy and fibre to keep you going. Excellent served warm or cold.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 (500 gram) dried, large lima beans
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each finely chopped carrot, onion and celery
- 1 can (796 milliliters) diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (82.5 milliliter) each tomato paste and water
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) Greek
- 1 Soak lima beans overnight. Drain, rinse, and drain.
- 2 In large pot, add beans with fresh water to cover. Cook until soft, 1 to 1 ¼ hours. Drain.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and celery and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water and Club House Greek Signature Blend. Stir in cooked lima beans.
- 4 Transfer to lightly greased 9 x 13 in (22 x 34 cm) baking dish and bake, uncovered at 325° F (160° C) for 1 hour.