A Southern classic that's sure to become a family favourite! For a truly Southern experience, serve with a combination of coleslaw, corn on the cob or hush puppies.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 Preheat vegetable oil in deep fryer to 375°F (190°C) or preheat 1/2 inch (1 cm) vegetable oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- 2 Pour one half pouch of fry mix in shallow dish or plastic bag.
- 3 Rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels. Dip fish fillets in water. Tap gently on side of bowl to remove excess water. For a thicker coating, use the egg milk mixture.
- 4 Roll or shake fish in fry mix, a few pieces at a time, until evenly coated. Let stand several minutes for coating to adhere.
- 5 Deep fry or pan-fry, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6 Combine mayonnaise and Club House Goldent Dipt® Original Cocktail Sauce. Serve with prepared catfish.