Quick and easy quesadillas can save dinner on the busiest weeknight. Especially when they’re loaded with tender strips of chicken, colorful veggies, melty cheese, and the bold flavour of Southwest Chipotle Seasoning.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) vegetable oil , divided
- 3 (10-inch/26-cm) flour tortillas
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 miligram) thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Southwest Chipotle
- 1 3/4 cup (185 grams) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (100 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil in a large oven-proof non-stick skillet on medium heat. Brown tortillas, one at a time, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- 2 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil in same skillet on high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in bell peppers, onion and Southwest Chipotle Seasoning. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove mixture from skillet; set aside. Carefully wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- 3 To assemble quesadilla, mix shredded cheeses in medium bowl. Place one tortilla in bottom of skillet. Spoon half the chicken mixture evenly over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Layer another tortilla over top. Spoon remaining chicken mixture evenly over tortilla and sprinkle with half the remaining cheese. Top with last tortilla and sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- 4 Place skillet in oven. Bake about 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with sour cream, if desired.