Fried chicken with a twist! Not just an ordinary chicken but this one is marinated in buttermilk and Cajun seasoning, you don’t need to go south!
- 1 In a large bowl, rub 1 tbsp (15 ml) Cajun seasoning onto chicken thighs.
- 2 Pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Marinate for 1 hour, refrigerated.
- 3 Mix together flour, remaining 5 tbsp (75 ml) Cajun seasoning and white pepper.
- 4 Roll one chicken thigh at a time in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat.
- 5 Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and let cook over medium-low heat until golden brown, about 30 minutes, and it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- 6 Sprinkle more Cajun seasoning on chicken before serving, if desired.