Chicken in a very creamy sauce cooked with white wine. The use of Club House spices made this main dish very tasty – our family’s favourite. I discovered Club House spices the day we moved to Canada and they are now part of our daily cooking.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon (2 milliliters) Celery Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon (2 milliliters) Black Pepper Coarse Grind
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) white wine
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside. Reserve the chicken drippings.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan and sauté 2 minutes. Mix in minced garlic, celery salt and black pepper. Add Portobello mushrooms.
- 3 Stir in white wine. Mix chicken broth with rice flour and add to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Stir in whipping cream and return the browned chicken to the skillet. Simmer, covered, until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), about 10 minutes.
- 5 Sprinkle with basil and serve.