Crunchy veggies, aromatic fresh herbs, and savoury rice noodles are just right in this cold noodle salad. Perfect for slurping up on a hot summer day, when turning on your oven is out of the question.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup (125 milliliter) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (125 milliliter) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (125 milliliter) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- Cold Rice Noodles:
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) salt
- 1 package (198 gram) Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) thin red onion slices
- 1 For the Vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 2 Prepare noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Place noodles in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and Vinaigrette; toss gently. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
- 4 Thai Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavour. It can be found in most Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.