These light, crisp and golden waffles are the ideal base for pairing with savoury foods, such as scrambled eggs and bacon, or fried chicken with gravy, or for topping with more traditional sweets such as maple syrup or whipped cream and fresh berries.
These light, crisp and golden waffles are the ideal base for pairing with savoury foods, such as scrambled eggs and bacon, or fried chicken with gravy, or for topping with more traditional sweets such as maple syrup or whipped cream and fresh berries.Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (310 milliliters) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (310 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 In large bowl, whisk eggs; whisk in buttermilk and butter. In separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; stir into egg mixture just until combined. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2 Heat waffle iron; grease well. Using about ½ cup (125 mL) batter per waffle, pour onto waffle iron. Close lid and cook until golden and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each waffle.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Place waffles in single layer on wire rack-lined baking sheet and keep warm in preheated 200°F (100°C) oven for up to 45 minutes.
• To make your own version of buttermilk, stir 4 tsp (20 mL) fresh lemon juice or vinegar into 1 ¼ cups (310 mL) milk; let stand for 10 minutes before using.
• For a savoury dish that’s perfect for brunch or dinner, heat leftover chopped turkey and cooked peas in prepared Club House Organic Turkey Gravy Mix; spoon on waffles and serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.