A Cajun twist on a classic comfort food, this recipe can be made in one large casserole dish or four smaller dishes for individual pies.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 (500 gram) blade steak, cut into ½ in (1 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each diced carrots, celery, onions and mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Rice Flour
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Cajun
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) reduced sodium beef broth
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) water
- 1 package (397g) puff pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat, brown meat in batches. Reserve.
- 2 Add vegetables to same saucepan. Sauté 5 minutes. Stir in flour and seasoning.
- 3 Return meat to mixture. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Divide among four small individual or one large casserole dish.
- 4 Cut puff pastry to cover. Brush with egg and seal over pot pie.
- 5 Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until puff pastry rises and turns golden brown.