Take your sandwich game to new heights with this BLT. Both the bacon and Lemon Cumin Mayonnaise feature the earthy, robust flavour of Cumin Seasoning Blend.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 1 large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- 2 Sprinkle Cumin Seasoning Blend on both sides of each slice of bacon. Place bacon strips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip bacon and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until crispy. Transfer to paper towel to absorb excess grease and keep warm.
- 3 Cut buns in half and toast until golden brown.
- 4 For each sandwich, spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the Lemon Cumin Mayonnaise on one half of each bun. Then layer 1 leaf of lettuce, 3 tomato slices and 4 pieces of bacon on top of bottom half of bun.
- 5 Place the top half of bun on sandwich, cut in half and secure each half with a bamboo skewer.
Test Kitchen Tip:
o Brush bacon with water and spice mixture (add 1/2 tsp of water to seasoning) before baking to reduce dryness.