A New Orleans favourite, zesty-spiced shrimp gets a new flavour twist when prepared with beer and grainy mustard. Serve with French bread slices or over rice, if desired.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound (500 gram) large shrimp with shells on, deveined (zipperback)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Black Pepper Coarse Grind
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) ale or lager
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) whipping (35%) cream
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) grainy mustard
- 1 Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic powder, thyme, pepper and sea salt; sauté 2 minutes.
- 2 Stir in ale, cream and mustard; sauté 2 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink. Spoon shrimp and sauce into serving bowls.