Use lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for a fun twist.
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Ginger, Ground
- Sea Salt Grinder
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) water
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) corn starch
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 In a medium sized bowl, mix the chicken, 2 tbsp (30 mL) hoisin sauce, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat, and cook chicken until golden brown. Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes, until peppers are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 74°F (165°C).
- 3 In a small bowl, stir water and cornstarch. Pour this mixture into the frying pan and add remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) hoisin sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens, approximately 1 minute.
- 4 Arrange whole lettuce leaves on a plate, distribute the chicken and peppers equally among the lettuce leaves.
Go To Meal Planner