Exotic and spicy, this syrup recipe is the perfect blend of bold pepper and smooth, sweet Medjool dates. Serve over ice cream, hot oatmeal, spiced cake and more.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 6 whole Medjool dates , pitted and chopped (about 1/2 cup / 125 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) boiling hot water
- 1 Soak dates with pepper and boiling water in covered small bowl 30 minutes or until dates have softened.
- 2 Remove dates with a slotted spoon into a blender container, reserving the water. Cover blender. With center part of cover removed and blender running on high speed, gradually add 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 175 ml) of the reserved water. Cover blender completely. Blend 2 to 3 minutes on high speed or until smooth.
- 3 Store syrup in tightly covered, clean container in refrigerator until ready to use.
Go To Meal Planner