This showstopper marries mellow golden pears with tart 'n tangy cranberries and is topped with a sweet and spicy crumble of brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 400 g package)
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Organic Ground Cinnamon , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Allspice , divided
- 6 firm ripe pears, cored , peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cold butter , cut into chunks
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
- 2 Mix granulated sugar, cornstarch, ½ tsp (2 mL) of the cinnamon and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) of the allspice in large bowl. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat well. Spoon evenly into crust.
- 3 Mix flour, brown sugar, remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) allspice in small bowl. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over fruit in crust. Place pie on large baking sheet.
- 4 Bake 1 hour or until pears are tender and topping is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Go To Meal Planner