A simple yet elegant way to finish a meal — this indulgent treat can be made ahead of time to make things easier.
- 1 Place chopped chocolate into a large stainless steel bowl.
- 2 In a small saucepan, heat 1/3 cup (75 mL) cream until it comes just to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate and stir until smooth.
- 3 Whip the remaining cream to soft peaks; add orange extract and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
- 4 Fold the whipped cream into melted chocolate. Pipe into shooter style glasses
- 5 Optional: Dust with ancho chili pepper and garnish with strawberries
- 6 Chef’s Tip: Make the mousse the day before and keep in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator to come to room temperature 1 hour before serving and top with desired garnish.