Give the cake pop trend some St. Patrick's Day spirit with green food colour and decorate with shamrock sprinkles for a festive dessert, inside and out.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Green Food Colouring
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) marshmallow creme
- 1 package (340 grams) white confectionery coating wafers, such as Wilton® White Candy Melts® , 12 ounces (340 g) white baking chocolate
- Lollipop sticks
- Green sprinkles, (optional)
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding food colour. Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 2 Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 3 Melt coating wafers as directed on package. For each Cake Pop, dip 1/2 inch (1 cm) of lollipop stick into melted coating. Insert dipped end of lollipop stick halfway into cake ball. Let stand until coating is set. Dip each cake pop into melted coating. Shake gently to remove excess coating. Sprinkle or roll cake pops in green sprinkles, if desired. Place cake pops in Styrofoam blocks. Let stand until coating is set.