Transform orange-coloured (and flavoured!) cake balls into edible monsters with sweet decorations like melted chocolate, black licorice and jelly beans. Create the mini vampire bats, spiders and ghosts or experiment with creatures of your own to match your costume.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Orange Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Yellow Food Colour
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Red Food Colouring
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) marshmallow fluff
- White confectionery coating wafers
- Black confectionery coating wafers
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Assorted candies for decorating
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding orange extract and food colours. Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 2 Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow fluff; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 3 Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package. Using a fork, dip 1 cake ball at a time into the confectionary coating or melted chocolate. Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off. Place cake balls on wax paper-lined tray.
- 4 Decorate as desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon