Is it a breakfast treat? A trendy new dessert? You make the call – with our luscious Cinnamon Roll Cake. Rolled full of cinnamon flavour, McCormick Gourmet Cinnamon with Chia Seasoning adds the warm spice you’d expect, with a subtle, nutty crunch. Glazed with a sophisticated... Is it a breakfast treat? A trendy new dessert? You make the call – with our luscious Cinnamon Roll Cake. Rolled full of cinnamon flavour, McCormick Gourmet Cinnamon with Chia Seasoning adds the warm spice you’d expect, with a subtle, nutty crunch. Glazed with a sophisticatedly sweet lemon mascarpone frosting, this recipe is a keeper. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 package (8 gram) yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 miligram) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125 miligram) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 miligram) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 miligram) plus 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5 miligram) Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 1/2 cups (875 miligram) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 miligram) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon (30 miligram) Cinnamon Seasoning with Chia
- 1 cup (250 miligram) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 miligram) mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 miligram) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 miligram) lemon zest
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- 2 Mix milk, sugar, 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter, salt, and egg in large bowl. Add 2 cups (500 mL) flour; mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and remaining flour. Mix until mixture is smooth and forms a dough. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 to 10 minutes, or until dough bounces back when pressed. Place in well-greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm environment until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to a 16x12-inch (40x30 cm) rectangle. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon seasoning in small bowl. Brush dough with remaining 6 tbsp (90 mL) melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Cut into 2-inch (5 cm) wide strips. Roll up 1 strip, starting at the short end. Place on 2nd strip and continue rolling. Place cut side down in pie pan. Wrap remaining strips around cinnamon roll one at a time to form one giant cinnamon roll.
- 4 Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5 Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients in medium bowl and mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon roll. Cut into wedges to serve.