Grown in tropical climates around the world, lychee lends a light floral taste to this blended Japanese cocktail. The exotic fruit pairs with Coconut Extract, lemon other tropical tastes, creating the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 cups (1 liter) ice cubes
- 1 can (530 milliliters) lychee in light syrup, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) unfiltered sake
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Japanese whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Imitation Coconut Extract
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 Place all ingredients except maraschino cherries in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- 2 Add cherries; blend until mixture turns pink and cherries are finely chopped.
- 3 Pour into beverage glasses. Serve immediately. Garnish as desired.