Cool fresh lettuce leaves make a great wrapping for grilled shrimp and cilantro flecked rice. Include the fresh vegetable toppings to add crunch and a drizzle of Sriracha Lime Mayo for heat.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) oil
- 1 tablespoon (5 milliliters) sriracha and lime (club house)
- 1 pound (500 grams) large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Jasmine Rice (thai kitch) , dry
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) sugar
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 Mix oil and seasoning in large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package. Mix cilantro, lime juice and sugar. Add to rice, fluff with fork until well blended. Keep warm.
- 3 Grill shrimp over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or just until shrimp turn pink. Spoon rice and shrimp into centre of each lettuce leaf. Top with sliced cucumber, shredded carrots and thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
Serve lettuce wraps with Sriracha Lime Mayo. To make, combine 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise with 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Sriracha Lime Seasoning and 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime peel. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavours to blend.
Go To Meal Planner