These southwest-meets-northeast bites combine the smoky notes of chipotle with the delicate flavours of crab meat.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 large sweet potato , washed and dried
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) each drained , canned crab meat and corn kernels
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (37 milliliters) Club House Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) panko bread crumbs , divided
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) sunflower oil , or more if needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- 2 Carefully pierce the sweet potato all over with a knife or a fork and wrap with foil. Bake potato for 40-45 minutes, or until tender. Once slightly cooled, carefully peel the potato and chop into ¼ -inch (6 mm) pieces.
- 3 Combine diced sweet potato, crab meat, corn, seasoning, egg yolk and ¾ Cup (175 ml) of Panko bread crumbs. Gently mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- 4 Using a spoon, portion crab cakes into 16 equal rounds. Lightly coat each cake with remaining panko bread crumbs. Allow crab cakes to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5 In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Working in batches of 4 or 5, pan-fry crab cakes until golden brown, then flip and fry other side until golden. Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat using remaining crab cakes.
- 6 Serve with Southwest Yogurt Dipping Sauce.