Cornbread gets kicked up a notch when you add Smokehouse Maple Flavoured Wet Rub mixed into the batter! Fluffy and sweet with a hint of smoke, this homemade bread is perfect for pairing with your favourite main dishes – think barbecue, grilled meats and more.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) milk
- 5 tablespoon (75 milliliter) Smokehouse Maple Flavoured Wet Rub
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) melted butter
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and sift through a flour sifter.
- 2 In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients, except melted butter.
- 3 Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well to combine. Add melted butter and mix well.
- 4 Pour mixture into to 8 x 8-in (20 x 20 cm) greased baking pan and bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes.