Save the pumpkin seeds when carving your jack-o'- lantern to make glazed pumpkin seeds. Serve as a snack, sprinkle over salads or use to garnish pumpkin pie.
1h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 egg white
- 1 Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Spread pumpkin seeds in single layer on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until pumpkin seeds are dry.
- 2 Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Set aside. Beat egg white in large bowl until foamy. Add dried pumpkin seeds; toss to coat. Gradually add sugar mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Spread seeds in single layer on same baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 1 hour, stirring seeds after 30 minutes. Cool slightly then break apart. Cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Go To Meal Planner