Coated in a batter of chickpea flour and our Cooling Spice Blend, Paneer Pakora is a popular comfort food with roots in Indian cuisine. Complete the dish with creamy Raita Sauce, spiked with our Cooling Spice Blend for balanced, calm flavour.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- Cooling Raita Sauce
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Cooling Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Gourmet Garden™ Ginger Stir-In Paste
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) fresh lime zest
- Paneer Pakoras
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) water
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) Cooling Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 2/3 cup (160 milliliters) grated zucchini , squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) red onion , cut into thin strips
- 1 pound (500 grams) paneer cheese, cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) salt
- 1 For the Raita, mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Paneer Pakoras, pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F (190°C) on medium heat. Whisk water, chickpea flour, Cooling Spice Blend and baking soda in large bowl until smooth. Stir in zucchini and onion until well blended.
- 3 Place paneer sticks in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, tossing gently to coat. Add paneer to bowl with batter, mixing gently to coat. Shake off excess batter before transferring to fryer.
- 4 Fry paneer in batches, about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm Paneer Pakoras with Cooling Raita Sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.