Serve as a hearty meatless main or rich and creamy side dish with pork chops or chicken.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pound (750 grams) Brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 3/4 cup (425 milliliters) half-and-half (10%) cream
- 2 medium leeks, white and light-green parts only , sliced into ½-inch (1.25 cm) rounds
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) McCormick® Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) panko breadcrumbs or dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) shredded aged Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2 In large pot of boiling salted water, cook Brussels sprouts just until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3 In large wide saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cream, leeks, dry mustard and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until leeks are almost tender. Stir in Brussels sprouts and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- 4 Stir in lemon juice. Transfer mixture to greased shallow 9-inch (23 cm/2.5 L) casserole dish. Combine panko and cheese; sprinkle evenly on top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.