These tasty fried yams would be paired perfectly with Thai Kitchen Thai Chili & Ginger Dipping Sauce or Pineapple & Chili Dipping Sauce!
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) masa (corn flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliter) Ground Allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 milliliter) Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) baking soda
- 1 pinch (0.5 milliliter) salt
- 1 can (400 milliliter) Coconut Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1.25cm) thick slices
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine flour, masa, allspice, pepper, baking soda and salt. Add coconut milk and eggs; mix until well blended.
- 2 Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 325°F (160°C) on medium heat.
- 3 Dip yam slices in the batter. Fry yams, several pieces at a time, until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.