Salad doesn’t have to be bland. Add a little heat to shrimp with Fiery Seasoning from the Tasty™ Seasoning Kit. Cool cucumbers, mango and creamy avocado balance it all out. Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) plus 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , divided
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) fresh lime juice , divided
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp , (16 to 20 count) peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) fiery , plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot , minced
- 1 small jalapeño , seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chives , thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) diced cucumber
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) diced mango , plus more, sliced, for garnish
- 1 medium avocado , pitted and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 green lettuce leaves , washed
- 1 Bring a large pot of water with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) salt and 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice to a low boil over medium heat. Working in batches of about 6, poach the shrimp until they are firm, opaque, and have a ‘C’ shape but are not tightly curled. The internal temperature should read 145˚F (63˚C). Transfer the cooked shrimp to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice, Fiery Seasoning, Dijon, shallot, jalapeño, and chives.
- 3 Cut the cooled shrimp into 1/2-inch (1-cm) pieces. Toss in the dressing to coat, then fold in the cucumber, mango, and avocado. Season with the remaining teaspoon (5 ml) of salt and the pepper.
- 4 Serve the shrimp salad in the lettuce leaves. Garnish with chives, mango slices, and more Fiery Seasoning, if desired. Serve cold.
- 5 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.