Pair this refreshing side salad with the warm, vibrant cuisine of East Africa, like our Tanzanian BBQ Skewers. A quick dressing made with Black Pepper and Garlic Powder, olive oil, lime juice and honey brings vibrancy to tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped red onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoon (6 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Liquid Honey Upside Down Squeeze Organic
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Pepper, Coarse Black
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) grated carrot
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Mix onion, 1 tsp (5 mL) of the sea salt and water in medium bowl. Let soak 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 2 Whisk lime juice, oil, honey, garlic powder, pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt in large bowl.
- 3 Add drained onion, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and cilantro; toss well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: Serve as an accompaniment to Tanzanian BBQ Skewers with Tomato Onion Sauce (see separate recipe).