Small oven-baked tortilla disks, topped with homemade guacamole and sliced steak coated in roasted chili fajita sauce.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 2 large tortillas
- 2 avocadoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves removed, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 Italian tomato, finely diced
- 10 ounce (300 gram) strip loin steak, or your favourite tender steak
- 1 package (182 milliliter) fajita with roasted chili skillet sauce (club house)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) sour cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2 Cut out 12 small disks from each of the tortillas using a cookie cutter. Arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with vegetable oil and bake for 10 minutes or until they become crispy. Set aside.
- 3 To make the guacamole, remove the flesh of the avocadoes to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice, cilantro and green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and mix to just combine. Set aside.
- 4 In a hot skillet with vegetable oil, sear the steak until nicely browned. Remove to parchment lined baking sheet and brush with ½ cup (125 mL) skillet sauce. Finish cooking in oven for 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C). Let meat rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 5 To assemble, place a small dollop of guacamole on a tortilla disk. Top with a piece of steak and garnish with a small spoonful of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro. Drizzle with remaining skillet sauce before serving.
- 6 Test Kitchen Tip: Use tortilla chips to replace the tortillas and omit step 2.