Not only is it easy to make with just a few ingredients, but you can customize your slime to make a range of gift-worthy Christmas creations. Best of all, it’ll keep the kids entertained while you’re busy prepping everything else to get holiday-ready.
Read on for your go-to guide on how to make festive holiday slime, a guaranteed hit at your next Christmas party!
How to Make Christmas Slime
Holiday slime is a super-simple gift to make. It takes 10 minutes of prep time and uses ingredients you probably already have in your home:
- 1 bottle (118 ml) washable school glue
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) water
- 1-2 teaspoons (5-10 ml) contact lens solution
- Extracts & food colouring
To make Christmas slime, simply:
1. Mix the glue – clear glue for translucent slime, or white glue for opaque slime – and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the water, food colour and extracts.
3. Add the contact lens solution and stir until the mixture is no longer sticky, then knead the “dough” until it no longer sticks to your hands.
Now comes the fun part: customizing!
Customize Your Christmas Slime
Food colouring and extracts make it easy to customize holiday slime. Add-ins like glitter or tiny floam balls create texture and festive fun.
Try one of these simple Christmas slime ideas (or create your own!):
1. Christmas Tree Slime
Gather ‘round the Christmas ... slime. Make tree-inspired slime with green food colouring, adding a drop or two of black food colouring until it looks perfectly pine-ey. Then stir in cinnamon extract so it smells festive. “Trim” your Christmas tree slime with multi-coloured glitter or floam balls.
2. Christmas Lights Slime
Trimming the tree is one of the most fun parts of the holiday – so why not make slime inspired by Christmas lights?
To start, make a clear slime base scented with cinnamon and vanilla extracts.
Then stir in gold glitter until there’s just enough sparkle and add multi-coloured floam balls for the “lights.”