Caribbean cuisine – it’s the ultimate mashup of fresh foods and flavours. Allspice, thyme and cumin are the earthy spices that create balance in Caribbean-inspired dishes like Jerk Chicken. (We added red pepper to our recipe because … well, who doesn’t like a little heat?)
Try it yourself.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Club House Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Club House Allspice, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Club House Cumin, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Club House Red Pepper, Crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix spices, salt and brown sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the plantains. Tip: Remove ends and score through the skin for easier removal.
- Spray foil-lined baking sheet with no stick cooking spray. Place chicken parts in center of baking sheet and arrange plantains around the chicken. Brush chicken and plantains with oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Roast 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning plantains halfway through cooking.