Fragrant and nutty, cumin flavours this Moroccan-inspired stew that features the seafood trio of shrimp, scallops and mussels.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 can (496 milliliters) diced tomatoes , drained
- seafood broth
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) Saffron , crushed
- 8 ounces (250 grams) scallops
- 8 ounces (250 grams) medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces (250 grams) mussels , rinsed
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in tomatoes, stock, salt and saffron. Bring to boil. Add shrimp, scallops and mussels. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until mussel shells open; (Discard any that do not open.) Serve with cooked couscous, if desired