A sandwich big enough to serve 6, our version of the popular Muffaletta has a little bit of everything important - deli meats, provolone cheese, veggie garnishes, Giardiniera – all married together with the tangy signature taste of French’s® Creamy Yellow Mus... A sandwich big enough to serve 6, our version of the popular Muffaletta has a little bit of everything important - deli meats, provolone cheese, veggie garnishes, Giardiniera – all married together with the tangy signature taste of French’s® Creamy Yellow Mustard Spread. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) pimento stuffed green olives , drained
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Giardiniera , drained, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brine reserved
French's® Creamy Yellow Mustard Spread
- frenchs classic yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Pepper Black Ground
- 1 large (8-inch/ 20-cm) round boule bread
- 1/2 pound (225 grams) sliced deli ham
- 6 ounce (170 grams) sliced deli salami
- 6 ounces (170 grams) sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound (225 grams) sliced mortadella
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices red onion rings
- Dill pickle chips
- 1 Pulse olives and drained Giardiniera in food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the Mustard, olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and reserved Giardiniera brine. Stir to mix; set aside.
- 2 Cut boule bread in half horizontally, leaving bottom slightly thicker than the top. Hollow out the top half, removing the soft bread inside, leaving about 1/2-inch (1-cm) of the bread near the crust. Spread the olive relish mixture evenly on cut sides of bread.
- 3 Layer bottom half of roll with ham, salami, provolone, and mortadella. Spread mortadella with remaining 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the Mustard. Layer with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickle chips. Carefully place top half of bread over top; press down slightly. Cut sandwich into six wedges to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Add drained pepperoncini to olive relish for a spicy kick!
• Not an olive fan? Sub roasted red peppers for the olives for a sweet & smoky spread.
• Perfect for a picnic or to bring on the boat! Make the olive relish in advance and let marinate in the fridge. Assemble before heading out for the perfect mayo-free sandwich.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon