Black Garlic brings a savoury sweetness to homemade ice cream. Balanced out by the warmth of Pure Vanilla Extract and Liquid Honey Bee, it’s a dessert masterpiece.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cup (375 milliliters) 3.25% milk
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) 35% cream
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) liquid honey bee (billy bee/)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) black garlic (mccormick )
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 In a heavy saucepan combine milk, cream, honey and black garlic seasoning and bring to a simmer
- 2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine egg yolks and vanilla. Whisk a small amount of the hot cream mixture in the egg yolk mixture to temper it (to prevent scrambling the eggs). Add the tempered egg mixture into the remaining hot cream mixture and whisk until blended.
- 3 Over medium-low heat and stirring constantly, cook the custard until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Strain through a fine sieve strainer, cover and refrigerate to cool completely.
- 4 Once chilled, transfer mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker. Churn the ice cream until thickened (about 20 minutes for soft ice cream. For thicker ice cream transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until firm).
Go To Meal Planner