Liven up basic chili with the flavours of Korean BBQ – soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground red pepper.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 lb (500 grams) ground beef
- 4 green onions , sliced and separated into white and green parts
- 1 can (540 milliliters) red kidney beans , undrained
- 2 cans (213 mL each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Ginger Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Cayenne Pepper
- Organic Sesame Seed , for garnish
- 1 Cook ground beef and white part of green onions in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in remaining ingredients except sesame seed. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Sprinkle with remaining green onions and sesame seed. Serve over cooked jasmine rice or noodles, if desired.