Hashbrown waffles? Who says you can't? Don't let Big Waffle keep you down! Try these crispy, golden hashbrowns and you might never look at your waffle iron the same way again.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Seasoned Salt Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Pepper, Coarse Cracked Black
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Mustard
- 1 Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 2 Working in batches, place potatoes in food processor and pulse until potatoes are in pea-sized pieces or smaller. Place potatoes in clean dish towel or layered paper towels; squeeze as much liquid as possible from potatoes; transfer to large bowl. Add egg, seasoned salt, cheese and butter; mix to combine thoroughly.
- 3 Grease waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Place 1 cup (250 mL) potato mixture in iron and close. Cook 8 minutes or until waffle is golden brown and crispy.
- 4 Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until seasonings are evenly distributed. Serve waffles with ranch dip.