Candied pecans and crumbled bacon give this classic side an exceptional sweet and salty crunch. Toss with a bold mustard and garlic vinaigrette just before serving. Photo credit: Julie Gransee from Lovely Little Kitchen.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) green beans , trimmed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) French's® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Liquid Honey Bear
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Pepper, Coarse Black
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) chopped candied pecans
- 1 Cook beans in boiling water in large uncovered saucepan on medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water. Let drain until dry or pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- 2 Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon. Crumble and set aside. Remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) drippings from skillet.
- 3 Stir vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic salt and pepper into skillet with a whisk until smooth. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- 4 Stir bacon into vinaigrette in skillet. Add beans and pecans; toss to coat well. Serve immediately or at room temperature.