Complete your holiday menu with cheesy scalloped potatoes. Our version of this side dish dials up the flavour and crunch with French’s® Fried Onions. Mix ‘em right in with the potatoes and then sprinkle over the top for a non-traditional – but so delici... Complete your holiday menu with cheesy scalloped potatoes. Our version of this side dish dials up the flavour and crunch with French’s® Fried Onions. Mix ‘em right in with the potatoes and then sprinkle over the top for a non-traditional – but so delicious – twist. Read More Read Less
1h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) russet potatoes , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) flour
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) half-and-half
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) French's® Fried Onion Crunchy Toppers , divided
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 13x9-inch (22 x 23 cm) baking dish with no stick cooking spray. Place potatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle in flour; cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in half-and-half until smooth. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of the cheese, garlic salt and pepper until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 3 Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the Fried Onions and toss to coat well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- 4 Bake 55 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese and remaining 1 cup (250 mL) Fried Onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is golden. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Go To Meal Planner