Yesterday’s ham = the star of today’s mac and cheese. Dig into this dish with a tangy hint of French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard and crunchy, Crispy Fried Onions on top. Did we mention lots and lots of ooey, gooey cheddar in every bite?
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 grams) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 5 1/2 cups (1.375 liters) milk
- 4 cups (1 liter) shredded Cheddar cheese , divided
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) cooked ham
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) French's® Fried Onion Crunchy Toppers
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2 Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour and garlic powder with a wire whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, on medium-high heat until sauce starts to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3 Stir in 3 cups (750 mL) of the cheese, Mustard and pepper. Cook until cheese is completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in macaroni, ham and 1 cup (250 mL) of the Crispy Fried Onions. Pour into greased 13x9-inch (33x23 cm) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4 Bake 15 minutes. Top with remaining Crispy Fried Onions and bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Go To Meal Planner