Mac and cheese baked in muffin cups becomes a weeknight family favourite served with salad or as a side with grilled chicken or sausages.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon (60 milliliter) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (425 milliliter) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) French’s Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups (625 milliliter) shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) elbow macaroni
- 1 Generously grease all 12 cups of a non-stick muffin pan. Divide panko amongst cups, tilting to coat bottom of pan.
- 2 In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, mustard, salt and nutmeg; cook, whisking, until smooth and sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups (500 mL) of the cheese until smooth.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, follow package directions to cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Add to sauce, stirring well to coat.
- 4 Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until golden and set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around each muffin to loosen; remove each from cup.