The Instant Pot® does the heavy lifting for you in this pulled pork slider recipe the whole family will love. French’s® Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread delivers a double hit of sweet, tangy flavour with a touch of heat as both a sauce for the pork and a sp...
The Instant Pot® does the heavy lifting for you in this pulled pork slider recipe the whole family will love. French’s® Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread delivers a double hit of sweet, tangy flavour with a touch of heat as both a sauce for the pork and a spread for the rolls!Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 16 (1-slider) SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 3 pounds (1 1/2 kilograms) boneless pork shoulder , cut into 2-inch (5-cm) chunks
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) water
- 1 can 6 ounces/156ml) tomato paste
- 1 medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) plus 6 tablespoons (90ml) French's® Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread , divided
- 16 sweet Hawaiian slider rolls , split and toasted
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) French's® Fried Onion Crunchy Toppers
- Bread & butter pickle chips , (optional)
- 1 PAT pork dry with paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt and chili powder. Heat oil in Instant Pot on SAUTÉ function. Working in batches, place pork in single layer in pot. Cook about 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. Remove from Instant Pot; set aside.
- 2 ADD water and tomato paste to pot, scraping to remove any brown bits from bottom. Return pork to pot and add onions, stirring to mix. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 3 SET to cook for 45 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until meat is tender and shreds easily. When done, quick release the pressure. Open the lid once pressure inside the pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.)
REMOVE pork and place in large bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Stir in 1/2 cup (125ml) each of the Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread and cooking liquid from pot. Spread cut-sides of each slider roll with remaining Mustard Spread. Serve about 1/3 cup (75ml) pulled pork on each slider roll, topped evenly with Crispy Fried Onions and pickle chips, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Serve pulled pork piled into split hot dog buns with your choice of toppings such as coleslaw, diced onions, or shredded cheese! Drizzle with more Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread to finish.
•Turn leftover pulled pork into carnitas! Brown pulled pork in a large skillet or broil on a foil-lined sheet pan just until lightly browned and crispy. Pile into tortillas and top with chopped avocado and pico de gallo.
•Make it a bowl! Serve pulled pork over hot cooked rice. Add your favorite fixin’s, like chopped bell peppers, steamed broccoli, shredded carrots, or even a fried egg!