Make any meal special with this quick and easy shrimp cake appetizer or side dish. Breaded in panko and quickly fried in a skillet, they’re crispy on the outside and full of tender, delicious flavour on the inside.
INGREDIENTS 5 SERVINGS
- 400 gram (14 ounce) cooked shrimp, chopped
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Liquid Honey Beehive
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) finely sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) flinely diced red pepper
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) tabasco sauce
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) Rice Flour
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 Combine shrimp, honey, green onion, red pepper, cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, Old Bay Seasoning, Tabasco and 2 eggs in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 2 Place mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes then form into 10 - 50 g (2 oz) cakes.
- 3 For the breading, set up 3 small bowls. In the first bowl, place the rice flour. In the second, whisk remaining 2 eggs. Add the panko bread crumbs to the third bowl. Coat each cake with rice flour, then with egg and then with panko bread crumbs.
- 4 Heat a skillet with vegetable oil over medium low heat. Place cakes in the hot skillet. Brown both sides of cakes (3 minutes per side).