This beloved comfort classic dessert is made simply from a few ingredients but comes together to be pure decadence.
1h 5 min
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) brown sugar
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) each 18% table cream and whole milk
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliter) liquid honey bee (billy bee/) Substitution Available
- 4 lage whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 16 mini croissants, cut in ½ in (1 cm) cubes, (about 7 cups/1.75 L)
- 3/4 loaf French baguette, cut in ½ in (1 cm) cubes, (about 7 cups/1.75 L)
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) fresh or frozen berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9 x 13 in (22 x 34 cm) baking dish with unsalted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Set aside.
- 2 In large saucepan, combine cream, milk and Billy Bee Honey. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and then immediately remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3 In large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until creamy. Whisking constantly, slowly add hot honey-cream mixture into egg mixture until well blended.
- 4 Stir croissant and bread cubes into custard mixture until moistened. Gently fold in berries.
- 5 Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and cover tightly with foil wrap. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil wrap and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 6 Cut into squares and serve. May be served hot, warm or cool.
- 7 Refrigerate any leftover pudding.